Is that reason that you’re recent Hip Hop work has been underwhelming? Lack of inspiration Timbo?

First, he talks about possibly not doing another Shock Value:

“If this album does as semi-well as the last one, I’m done. I’m not going through the stress no more. I will do it for my fans and give it away for free.”

He then goes on to talk about not feeling the same anymore with Hip Hop:

I was done with hip-hop a long time ago. Once my generation left, I left. I do it, but there’s nobody from my generation besides Jay who’s doing it. I look at Lil Wayne as being from my generation. Some people are still acceptable. Kanye is acceptable from my generation.

“It’s just not the same. By it not being the same, I kind of fade to black. I did music [on this album] that fits where I was going to in my age bracket.”

Full story here.

8 Responses to “Timbaland Says He’s ‘Done With Hip-Hop’”

1. mmkayy 13. Dec, 2009 at 10:02 am #

he’s only done with hip-hop cos the album flopped.. thought he could gain extra fans or w/e by putting Miley Cyrus & Katy Perry on there FAIL

2. Navjosh 13. Dec, 2009 at 10:12 am #

I don’t see a problem with experimenting with artists like that but you gotta keep a balance. I thought the first Shock Value was very well balanced.

The new one is just Pop.

3. enkore 13. Dec, 2009 at 2:49 pm #

*pops champagne*

4. enkore 13. Dec, 2009 at 2:50 pm #

nav, pop, hip hop, trip hop, rock, whatever it was(shit-hop probably), it was whack man.

5. Navjosh 13. Dec, 2009 at 2:57 pm #

Well yea, Im yet to hear the new album in full but it’s probably not my kinda album..

6. james 14. Dec, 2009 at 9:37 am #

The first one was dope. The second was ass. It felt like the demo to the first one but with auto-tune. What the fuck is he talking about age brackets for? Seriously? Auto-tune is in your age bracket? He takes an L for sounding so damn stupid. The content isn’t all that.

The better songs are from other aritsts – one republic wrong marching on. Timbaland hurt the track with auto-tune.

Matter of fact the biggest problem with the album is auto-tune. The next biggest problem is the lack of Justin Timberlake and Danja (producer that used to work heavily with Timbaland).

7. Navjosh 14. Dec, 2009 at 7:21 pm #

^ Spot. On.

8. d 14. Dec, 2009 at 11:16 pm #

Timbo fell off and now he’s mad