Chance The Rapper Issues Apology For Kanye-Trump Remarks

Chance The Rapper has come out with an apology for making controversial comments in the middle of the Kanye West-Donald Trump drama.

--advertisement--

The Chicago rapper got involved in the episode when he made a few tweets earlier this week in support Kanye West’s controversial Twitter rants and political views. But today (April 27), Chance made it clear that he does not stand with Trump’s racist policies, nor does he agree with everything Kanye has stated on his Twitter in recent days.

Chance The Rapper’s tweet came out shortly after Donald Trump’s tweet where the President praised the rapper for “getting it.”

Taking to Twitter, Chance said that he takes full responsibility for his ill-timed remarks but says he was only doing it because of the love for his mentor and family, Kanye West. “Anyone who knows me knows how passionate I am about my city and my loved ones,” he wrote. “Kanye West is not just a mentor or big homie to me. He’s my family. No matter how much I may disagree with him, it’s hard for me to watch people talk about someone I love – even if they were justified in doing so.”

“I didn’t speak up because I agree with what Kanye had to say or cause I f**k with Trump, I did it bcause I wanted to help my friend and cause I felt like I was being used to attack him. Unfortunately, my attempt to support Kanye is being used to discredit my brothers and sisters in the movement and I can’t sit by and let that happen either,” Chance continued in his long note which you can see above.

Chance has previously spoken out about the President. When Donald Trump threatened to “send in the Feds” to Chicago, Chance said, “I’m tired of n*ggas talkin’ about Chicago like it’s a Third World country…. It sounds like he was announcin’ he was going to war with Chicago.”

RATE THIS:
1 stereo2 stereos3 stereos4 stereos5 stereos
Loading...