lil wayne tha carter 4

birdman c4 sales

It’s that time of the year again. One of the biggest albums of the year, Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV has been on iTunes for 24 hours with the physical copies hitting stores today (Tuesday). Industry insiders already have their projections in place which they put at 700-850k copies in the first week. The father thinks he can hit a milli. Do you think he can pull that off?

We’ll keep you updated as more reports come in.

UPDATE: Estimates now stand at 850-900k. Wow.

UPDATE 2: The projections have gone up to 925-975k. A milli on the way?

UPDATE 3: Final numbers: 964k

26 Responses to “Lil Wayne ‘Tha Carter IV’ First Week Sales Projections”

1. Jordan 30. Aug, 2011 at 10:22 am #

That sounds right, 700-850K its 1st week, but We’ll see. Tha Carter III set a different standard than Tha Carter IV so you can’t just say it’ll reach a mill. We’ll find out the final numbers next Wednesday.

2. landlord 30. Aug, 2011 at 10:45 am #

WHAT. THE FUCK.

3. D-money 30. Aug, 2011 at 11:16 am #

i think he can hit a mill in the first week he pull it off the last time and iknow he can pull it off again YMCMB 4 LIFE

4. Wow 30. Aug, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

Damn son. Ppl are crazy it’s a wack album

5. Carter IV!!! 30. Aug, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

like bitches, Shanaynay on my good list! This is Wayne’s world and yall are just some tourists!Give me three wishes?,I wish I wish I wish YOU WOULD BITCHH!!!!

6. kaoz 30. Aug, 2011 at 2:49 pm #

he ll sell 250 000

7. chtimixeur 30. Aug, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

The power of marketing… If it had not been called Carter IV, it would have sold 150-200k at most. SMH

8. triedge 30. Aug, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

A millie or not 750k is damn impressive in these days of 100k-200k debuts from most rappers

9. Aaron Ernest 30. Aug, 2011 at 11:10 pm #

Lil Wayne is the best rapper period. Wayve>>>>>Jay-z

10. AP 30. Aug, 2011 at 11:16 pm #

I’m an avid Wayne listener… I got this album off the leak and I have to say I wasnt very impressed. I actually was hoping that it wasnt the real album. It really seemed more like one of his mix tapes. Where’s Yeezy? Wheres Jay? Andre 3000 went hard why not put him on a full verse? The song he made with Drake was straight but not very easy on the ears. Seems like the “Best Rapper Alive” could have done some work with the other major names in the game. And whats up with the word play? All i hear is the same shit over and over. I have had the mindset the Wayne is a genius at metaphors and similes not cliches and repetition. I think this was a make or break album for me and I have to say, although im not gonna stop listening to Wayne, YMCMR really let the fans down on this one. Come on weezy we want to hear you go hard, get real and evolve with the trends. PUT SOME FKKIN DUB IN YOUR BEATS BRA!! Whaamp Waaaaamp!! Peace. AP

11. cloudert 31. Aug, 2011 at 12:17 am #

the album is fuckin WACK. FUCK these deaf stans.

12. dickwart 31. Aug, 2011 at 12:27 am #

yea this shit is worse than having sex with the camel which ive done a few times. salty ass haters gonna hate tho. what the fuck would i hate for? ymcmbullshit. id fuck drake raw without protection tho. back to the topic, actually forgot it. hoes, money, im the shit, oh yea im reminded. my dick got stripes like a zebra, i call that jungle fever. this album is a motherfucking classic. example of a piece of shit. wayne lost it but his dick wet so birdman happy. we the bidni$$ 5 $t@r beleee d@t.

13. kaoz 31. Aug, 2011 at 1:58 am #

i predicted waynes downfall a couple months back. The ymcmb ship will sink soon. That MMG canoe is next to capsize, watch!

14. Troy 31. Aug, 2011 at 2:10 am #

lolol the song wasn’t that good .. only 6-7 out of 18 songs(deluxe edition is what i have) were good .. i got mine off tha leak .. and to the nikka saying YMCMB will fall .. just get out .. so ur telling me 3 platinum artists will fall ? it’ll be 4 when Tyga releases his sht… Mr.i brought snapbacks back.. and otc do you really think YMCMB will fall with Drake on board? u must be out of your mind .. same with nicki .. their shit is not the same over and over .. wayne will fall but nicki and drizzy definetely wont.. lol MMG .. o yeah sure.. with only Meek Millz and Rick Ross .. no deal.. and Meek Millz isn’t even that good of a rapper .. tsk tsk ..

15. carter4allday 31. Aug, 2011 at 8:53 am #

yea drake and nicki well fall drake sucks he says the same crap over and over again BUT LIL WAYNE FOREVER WHO ELSE CAN SELL THIS MUCH FIRST WEEK IN THESE TIMES ONLY THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE

16. Jon 31. Aug, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

I Swear People Don’t Know What’s Real Music. This Album Is Better Than Tha Carter III. This Album Has The Best Lyrics, People That Don’t Like This Album Just Means That Their Too Slow To Understand His Music. This Album May Not Have The Best Beats, But Has A Strong Message In His Music. I Believe That Wayne Will Make A Million. F*** All Wayne Haters!!!

17. u_dris 31. Aug, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

This guy is still the best rapper alive! If not who is?

18. Dustin 02. Sep, 2011 at 9:24 am #

With all the bonus track (because about 2 of them are in the top 5 on the album) including the album I think this is his best album yet. I seriously dont think a single song is weak, well other than how to hate. Megaman, President Carter, Blunt Blowin, So Special, I like the view, Novacane, Two Shots, She Will, How to Love, John, 6’7′, Its Good are all classics. Wayne is more than a rapper. Please dont bring up Watch the Throne and that wack ass shit. “Talking bout Baby money? I got your Baby money! Kidnap your bitch get that How much you love your lady money?”

19. Dex 02. Sep, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

Did someone say there is a “message” in Carter IV…

Unless that message is “I’m a blood” I must’ve missed it, there is only 1 or 2 tracks on the whole album that even have direction. The rest are give me a beat so I can spit random metaphors for 3 mins. Yes the album is solid but don’t get carried away…

20. bauzz 02. Sep, 2011 at 10:34 pm #

We all know BM could buy like 500k of these

21. Raymn V Productionz 05. Sep, 2011 at 5:18 pm #

I bought C4 Deluxe Edition from Target & Sorry for the Wait from Datpiff.

I freestyle rap & sing and produce my beats in my own studio @ http://www.youtube.com/RaymnV

Download “Freestyles Chapters” FOR FREE @

Thanks,

Raymn V Productionz

22. thulani 05. Sep, 2011 at 8:49 pm #

Jay is chillin’, ‘Ye is cillin what more can i say? Weezy killin em!

1. Lil Wayne ‘Tha Carter IV’ First Week Sales Projections | Hip Hop Giant - 30. Aug, 2011

[...] HipHop-N-More [...]

2. Lil Wayne’s ‘The Carter IV’ To Exceed Sales Expectations | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? - 02. Sep, 2011

[...] Source. [...]

3. Lil Wayne’s ‘Tha Carter IV’ Breaks iTunes First Week Record In Four Days | HipHop-N-More - 02. Sep, 2011

[...] the LP is set to move 925-975k in the opening week. [...]

4. Lil Wayne’s “Tha Carter IV” Breaks Jay-Z & Kanye West’s 1st Week iTunes Sales Record | WoodlawnPost - 06. Sep, 2011

[...] his latest offering since it hit the web on early Monday at midnight. In its first week, TC4 is now expected to move between 925,000 and 975,000 copies, whereas earlier estimates put the album between [...]