50 cent london

Here comes the shocker. If you were ready for an obvious push back for 50 Cent’s 5th studio album, it’s not happening. The G-Unit general has revealed to AllHipHop that his new, untitled LP will drop on July 3rd, regardless of his label Interscope’s support.

“There’s a lot more business involved [in putting out an album] than the general public is aware of. And that part causes the actual delay with [Interscope]. I’m releasing my album July 3rd, whether is has commercial promotions or not,. “My birthday is July 6 and I planned for it. And I’m doing everything that I planned to do regardless if its huge airplay or not. I could care less, I’m putting the record out.”

“I don’t need a record to sell. How much money you think I’ma make off record sales? You think I’ma sell 13 million records?” Its starting to feel like that corner that I left, I ain’t going to keep sitting on the records. Even if everything ain’t in order, album five will be out July 3 and they can wait another two years for me to give them another one.”

Do you agree with his decision?

Earlier today, he released his first Gangsta Grillz mixtape with DJ Drama, The Lost Tape.

UPDATE: He’s dead serious:

50 cent tweet

7 Responses to “50 Cent To Release New Album On July 3rd Regardless Of Interscope Support”

1. landlord 23. May, 2012 at 10:23 am #

whooaaaaaaaaa yo WTF

2. higherup 23. May, 2012 at 10:26 am #

son, u gotta be kiddin me

3. Shady 23. May, 2012 at 10:54 am #

damn….. the lost tape is dope tho

4. jamie 23. May, 2012 at 11:04 am #

horrrible decision imo. No fif this aint gon work. Please get your mind straight & put the album out properly..

5. WS 23. May, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

dont listen to industry homos like jamie……like fif said he aint trippin off record sales…why sit on songs so when they come out they a year old already…example “all his love” came out in beginning of 2011…yet just released on this mixtape….release the music for the fans

6. triedge 23. May, 2012 at 10:48 pm #

While i think releasing albums without label support , in this day and age is not a very good idea , i agree with 50 doing this. He does dope music that needs to be listened , not shelved for months/years

1. 50 Cent Performs At Cannes; Says 5th Album Will Release On July 3rd | HipHop-N-More - 04. Jun, 2012

[…] 50 Cent was one of the many celebrities who attended the 2012 Cannes film festival or its after parties a few days ago in France. 50 made an appearance at the VIP Room and also performed a few of his past hits. During and after the performance, he told the crowd that his 5th album will come out on July 3rd which is about 4 weeks away from today. Will he really do it? […]