Tory Lanez is set to release his new album Chixtape 5 where he has an interesting concept. All songs on the album sample classic tracks from early and mid 2000s that Tory (and we) grew up on.
Tory has admitted that it took him a very long time to put this together as each sample had to obviously get cleared for use. But what he’s also done is, have the original artist featured alongside him for the new version of the songs for this project. Imagine: he’s got Lil Wayne and Lloyd on the same song, ‘Thoughts’ which most likely samples the duo’s huge hit ‘You‘.
— Tory Lanez (@torylanez) November 14, 2019
Other OG guests include Jagged Edge, Jermaine Dupri, T-Pain, Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, Ludacris, The-Dream, Mya, Mario, Trey Songz, Ashanti, Fabolous and Slim. Take a look at the full tracklist below that we put together and lookout for all streaming links coming in a day. Last week, Tory and T-Pain joined forces for the incredible ‘Jerry Sprunger‘ sampling ‘I’m Sprung’.
Chixtape 5 Tracklist:
1. Jalissa’s Back! (SKIT)
2. The Trade (Feat. Jagged Edge & Jermaine Dupri)
3. Jerry Sprunger (Feat. T-Pain)
4. Beauty in the Benz (Feat. Snoop Dogg)
5. Blowin’ Mine’s // Leah’s Introduction (SKIT)
6. The Take (Feat. Chris Brown)
7. Broken Promises
8. The Fargo Splash (Feat. Ludacris)
9. Luv Ya Gyal // Love Sounds (Feat. The-Dream)
11. Best of You (Feat. Mya) // Busted (SKIT)
12. The Cry (Feat. Mario)
13. Still Waiting (Feat. Trey Songz)
14. A Fools Tale (Running Back) (Feat. Ashanti)
15. Thoughts (Feat. Lloyd & Lil Wayne)
16. If You Gotta… (Feat. Fabolous)
17. Room 112 (Feat. Slim & Nyce)
18. Last Love Letter (SKIT)
UPDATE: The album is now available to stream everywhere!