The cause of Mac Miller’s death back in September has been announced by the Los Angeles County coroner. The rapper died from accidentally overdosing on a mixture of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol.
Mac was found unresponsive around noon on Sept. 7th in a bedroom of his San Fernando Valley home following which a male friend called 911 from Mac’s home. The Los Angeles police officials had quickly determined that there were no signs of foul play and turned the investigation over to coroner’s officials.
According to the newly released report, Mac’s assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a “praying position.” The list of pills recovered in the home include Xanax, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and generic Adderall. There was a 1/4-inch abrasion on the bridge of his nose, and there was blood coming out of one nostril, reports TMZ. There was also an empty bottle of alcohol on the nightstand while a rolled up $20 bill with white powdery residue was found in Mac’s right pocket. The amount of each was not lethal, but the combination is what proved deadly.
Mac struggled with substance abuse over the past few years and that is what reportedly led to Ariana Grande ending her relationship with the rapper earlier this year.