During the press run for his book Let Love Have The Last Word, Common had teased that he was working on a new album, due in the coming months.
Today, the veteran Chicago rapper makes the official announcement that his album is titled Let Love and it arrives in stores August 30th via his new partnership with Loma Vista Recordings. Along with unveiling the release date and the official artwork for the album, Common Sense has also dropped the latest single ‘Hercules’ featuring assistance from Swizz Beatz on the production and backing vocals.
Watch the interesting music video below, featuring a special cameo from Vince Staples. In case you missed it, check out Common’s previous single ‘Her Love’ featuring Daniel Caesar and Dwele here.
“This album is inspired by the book, ‘Let Love Have The Last Word’ which gave me a path to write about things I had never written about before. It forced me to go deeper and because I opened up about so many things in the book, I was charged to go to raw, personal and spiritual places in the music,” Common said about the album.
“Production-wise, I knew that the music had to have depth, soul and dimension to it. I wanted the musicianship and the spirit of what live music brings, but it also had to have something raw and basement about it. When my team said, “You should do some music revolving around the book,” I just took that energy and went running into my artistry without focusing on anything else. No movies, no commercials, no parties (well, I don’t do that too much anyway) and I just worked on music. So this album is the culmination of this journey, this passion and this Divine Love that I have for one of GOD’s greatest gifts – MUSIC,” he continued.
Let Love Tracklist:
1. Good Morning Love (feat. Samora Pinderhughes)
2. HER Love (feat. Daniel Caesar)
3. Dwele’s Interlude
4. Hercules (feat. Swizz Beatz)
5. Fifth Story (feat. Leikeli47)
6. Forever Your Love (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid)
7. Leaders (Crib Love) [feat. A-Trak]
8. Memories of Home (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid & Samora Pinderhughes)
9. Show Me That You Love (feat. Jill Scott & Samora Pinderhughes)
10. My Fancy Free Future Love
11. God Is Love (feat. Leon Bridges & Jonathan McReynolds)